Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

How to Comment

Hello all, this is Amanda dropping by with a more administrative post. Several people have informed my parents, my brother, or I that they've been unable to comment on this blog. While blogging platforms like Blogspot/Blogger definitely give preference to other bloggers and those with websites, it is still possible for anyone else to comment as well.

So, because my parents would love to read your comments about their trip (as would I), I have put together a little tutorial about how you can comment on this blog without being logged in to any account.

There are a few ways to access the comment form:

1. From the main page, you can scroll down to the end of each individual post. Each post lists comment information, including whether any comments have been made, and how many. The screenshot below shows where this information is located.


If you click on that link, you're transported to the post's individual page, which can also be accessed by...

2. Directly clicking on the post's title.




3. From either step, you'll end up viewing something similar to the screenshot below:

The comment form! 

4. To leave a comment, simply click on the down arrow next to "Comment as." My Google/Gmail account is currently logged in, so I have the option of commenting from that account. If you don't have an account with any of programs/platforms listed, there's an option to comment anonymously (basically all this means is that you won't need to provide any user/login information). 

Once you've typed your comment, simply hit publish (and enter in an alphanumeric code to prove you're not a robot). 

My one suggestion for commenting anonymously is to add your name to the text of the comment so we know who you are!

I hope this provides some clarification! If not, please don't hesitate to ask me any further questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment